Query about signing a passport photogragh

Sn@kebite

Hi,

Does the Gard sign the photo as well as you or do you sign one of the 2 photos each?

I'm not even sure if I need to sign one, it only seems to mention a member of the Gardai signing it.

This is the only thing holding me up, but I've lloked at the guide booklet and can't seem to find anything other than the Gard having to sign one of the photos.

thank you.

Re: Querie about signing a passport photogragh

Guard only.

thank so much,

and they write the app form number on back of both photos?

thank so much,

and they write the app form number on back of both photos?

I do not think that this is necessary. Where is this requested ? Just get the guard to sign the back of one of the photos.

That must be a new rule. I do not remember it before. Anyway you should go along with it as requested. The relevant form number AFAIK is only about 5 digits long.
Yes I was at the station just now and he put the form number on one of them under his sig without me saying so. However, I forgot to ask about placing it on both photos but he should know I suppose he's doing it everyday.

I've a strong feeling the photos will be rejected though, because they're not centered perfectly. We'll see.

Thanks guys.

just recently renewed my daughter's passport. its one photo with gardai sig and form number on the back. if photos get rejected, i can recommend a kodak shop in blackrock. never had any issues with them and photos were always accepted. i don't work for them, just a happy customer (who knows the hassle of getting the wrong photos with pharmacies )