Queries re Computershare

kippy

Hi All,
Currently looking to buy some shares. Not a huge amount (maybe 5K's worth) for a long term investment. I could end up buying more again later in the year.
Anyway, a friend of mine uses computershare. I just rang them there and they advised all I had to do was deposit the money in their account, ring them and they'd execute the buy. Is it really this simple?
The shares I want to buy are irish. Do computershare look after non-irish shares?
Their fees seem reasonable, 1% (€40 min) for the transaction or are there fees I am missing?
Thanks very much for any information from people who already use them.
Regards,
Kippy

i dont use them but it sounds ok as long as your friend says he has no probs with them. what kind of shares you looking at

My friend has been dealing with them for a long time and all transactions are by post with a cheque.
I dont think I am allowed to discuss the shares I am looking at.
Kippy

I just rang them there and they advised all I had to do was deposit the money in their account, ring them and they'd execute the buy. Is it really this simple?

Computershare started out as a registrar and they have branched into offering dealing services as well.

I haven't used them for dealing, but they are a good efficient registrar and I would have no qualms abour recommending them as reputable, reliable company to deal with.

A quick look at their website says they have over 10,000 staff in 17 countries, they are a solid operator imo.