Queenstown, New Zealand

Luckycharm

Hi,

I am going to be here for a few days in a about a months time. Has anyone been there, thinking of doing the Bungy - anyone done it - is it best to book early etc?

You can also do a tandem paraglide off the top of the Coronet Peak, a great way to float down and see all of the town & the lake. And get a burger from Ferg Burgers - deelish!

S

Hi Luckycharm,

you should book the bungy the day before. google AJ hackett buny and check the different sites that they have. the biggest one (nevis) is quote good and i done it. but i paid $230.00 for it to last about 30 secs. for a little more you could get a skydive which would last longer. liked queenstown was there for a bit snow boarding july 07. can get a bit touristy though in the summer i have heard. and not the place to go if you want to escape irish people.

The Nevis (the big one, 130m+) is the most worthwhile. A skydive is good as well. You can do a solo one in Qtown without ever having done a tandem before. I did it. All in all is probably better value than 5 second bungy

Cheers for the advice- I know it is only 5 secs but it is one of the those things I have always wanted to do once anyway and the home of bungy would be the perfect place. I have already done the Sky dive in Mission beach 14,000ft which was brillant!!
THey said I could book the day before hand as well - have been looking at all the websites and at combo deals etc.

I second the CanyonSwing reccomendation - better than the bungy and if you love it, your second/third/forth/fifth (etc...etc....etc...) jump is only a fraction of the price (about $30 for every subsequent one - albeit, three years ago...)

If you're hostelling, you'll find it hard to beat the Southern Laughter (esp. if theres enough of you to fill your own room!)....

You'll have a ball, especially if you have a good bunch of old/new mates - the two weeks there were the best of the whole Oz/NZ trip!