Quarry Road, Cabra V's Herberton, Dublin8

cerebral

Hi All,

I'm currently deciding between these 2 locations. As a place to live, I think I prefer Cabra but with regard to a future investment, I'm thinking Herberton.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Are you thinking of buying a house around Quarry road or an apartment? If a house (and there's plenty that are same price or cheaper than apartments) then I'd say go for the house on Quarry road. That's purely from an 'investment' point of view, like you said.

For reselling, you're market would be better - Cabra houses have gardens as well as schools, supermarket, parks etc all within walking distance. And the city is walking distance too. So you'll be aiming at the first time buyer or young family more than likely.

But can I also say - If you think yourself that Cabra is nicer, than go for Cabra. You'll be the one living there, and hopefully in X years time when you want to sell there'll be people looking to buy that would share the same view!

I'd go for the two bed in Cabra. If worst case scenario means that you can't sell in a few years, at least you should be ok to rent it out as the new DIT campus will be set up in Grangegorman down the road.

Also, the luas will be going close to Cabra aswell, so another selling point.

I had been looking at apartments in the city first off, but decided on a house in the end as we got a three bed for the same price as a lot of apartments we looked at. That was in Cabra as it happens, after researching all the areas it was the one that suited us best and got us the best for our budget.
So you can take my advice with a pinch of salt - I'm bound to be biased!