Qantas Frequent Flyer

Jason_77

Hi,
We are booked on an around the world ticket.

The majority of our flights are with Qantas and all are with the One World Alliance.
We signed up to Qantas Frequent Flyer, but never received a card (should we).
Also, to claim the FF points on check-in, do we just give them our membership number?

Or, should we have been signed up with Frequent Flyer prior to booking the tickets.

I have checked the Qantas website, but can't find answers to these questions.

Thanks,

Jason.

I think you can have the miles applied as you fly so give them the card/number at check-in. As long as your number is associated with your booking, the points will be applied. Double check this on each leg of your trip (it should be printed on your boarding card as well). Always ask for upgrades. Worst they can say is no..Its worked for me once or twice!

Not familiar with the Qantas system in particular but in general for frequent flyer cards the following applies.

You don't have to be a member at time of booking, but you do need to be a member when you take the flight

Giving the number at checkin (and/or call Qantas before hand to have them ad it to the booking) should be sufficient.

Most won't send you a physical card until you've logged a few flights - so the fact you've not got a card yet should not matter.

Jason, I signed up for the FF with Quantas before I booked my round the world flights, but don't think this should be a prob as you can apply them later.

Don't know how you signed up with Quantas but I did it online & was just told to print my card. It's only a printout but the number worked fine. I had to mention at check in at each stage to make sure they had it noted.

Still don't think I have enought points for anything useful. Maybe will work better out of the main season !

One benefit I did get was that I was upgraded on the journey home. Very nice to get a bigger seat with footrest on longhaul from Hong Kong to Heathrow ! It was worth it for that alone.

Back