PVC vs Aluminium doors

Savvy

Hi,
I currently have a front door with a porch and then an old aluminium sliding door.
The sliding door is to be replace but in getting quotes I've been advised to go with aluminium over pvc as it is better(stronger). Although it should be draughtproof I'm concerned about coldness coming through from the aluminium. Should I be? I have aluminium windows at the moment(to be replaced in time) and the coldness of the aluminium when touched is very noticeable.
Appreciate any responses

Our situation was slightly different to yours in so far as we have a wooden hall door and a sliding porch door. We got new windows and porch door at the same time. The supplier who is reputable and we didn't have any problems with recommended aluminium for the porch door only. Their advice was that the pvc for the porch door would have made it too heavy.

I do notice now though that the condensation on it is heavy as compared to the windows. It doesn't cause us any problems though as we just leave the door slightly ajar in the mornings and the condensation clears quickly.

what about wooden front doors.they always look pretty but are they a no no?
i'd love one but worry about draughts.what do you recommend?

what about wooden front doors.they always look pretty but are they a no no?
i'd love one but worry about draughts.what do you recommend?

uPVC, aluminium or wooden doors or windows all require seals, be it rubber or brushes, to make them draught proof.
The main difference is that wood is a renewable resource, can be repaired, is in good supply and doesn't make a muck of the enviroment