PVC Sliding Sash

StevenC

Hi,

Has anyone any experience of using PVC sliding sash windows. I've recently got a quote from McMullan O Donnell in Co Tyrone which is very competitive and I'm going to see they're factory in person to inspect the sliding sash windows. Has anyone used this company before? Is there anything specifically to watch out for with PVC sliding sash?

Sorry to be a spoilsport but I can't fathom why anyone would pay good money for a plastic window which pretends to be a traditional sliding sash window and makes such a poor job of it! Any of the uPVC "sliding sashes" I've seen were a very poor imitation of the real mcoy and wouldn't be any addition to a house in my opinion. If you want a sliding sash window you should really go for a proper timber one or alternatively go for an aluminium clad timber sash instead; just my tuppence worth...

My parents and brothers have used McMullan and O’Donnell (Are local to my family) on a number of occasions. Top class services and competitive prices.

I have no connections to the company.

i agree with the above statement,i've no connection but i've seen their windows and the cream woodgrained sliding sash is a nice window streets ahead of any other upvc sliding sash i,ve looked at with a good service and willing to talk also try the dunganonn window co. in tyrone they only make sliding sash upvc and i'm told very good quality also

I have coped with sliding Wood windows for years. Coping being the word. Expensive, draughty and high maintance- I have gone for PVC slider in my new home. I would have loved the composite style but yet again very very expensive. Sure the PVC are not quiet the same as the traditional sash windows but they suit a 2007 house, they would not be suitable for a refit in a old house.

Back