PVC fencing

stantheman

Has anyone used PVC fencing as a lower maintenance option to traditional timber fencing?
If so, any recommendations? I can only find one company in Cork that supply but don't fit them.

Eliteform make a v good powder coated steel fence. Looks well and nice colour range . Think plastic would fade in the sun.

Eliteform make a v good powder coated steel fence. Looks well and nice colour range . Think plastic would fade in the sun.
Composite decking and fencing will not fade massively from what I know. Just need to make sure your posts / subframe are made with metal and not wood to ensure the integrity of it so it lasts as long as you want it too.

Has anyone used PVC fencing as a lower maintenance option to traditional timber fencing?
If so, any recommendations? I can only find one company in Cork that supply but don't fit them.
I looked at that in Cork too, its OK but decided easier to stick to timber panels. Cork Builder providers are very helpful.

The fences come in fixed unit sizes called "panels", they are 6ft/1.8m . If your perimeter is an uneven or tricky to fit, I would advise wood panels as it allows most flexibility when installing, which was our case.

Direct from cork providers, my quote was , if this can help guide you.
  1. 1x timber panel size ....1,8m x 1,5 m = 55euro,
  2. 3m 'H' cocrete posts 35euro,
  3. quick dry cement 6.45/bag
  4. and if requred a concrete based panel 20E/panel ( fits underneath timber panel).

labour is 250E /day/man

Back