putting tv aerial in attic

S

supersonic

I intend getting Sorview so am going to put the aerial in the attic and run a wire down to the tv. I'l have to connect in the sitting room downstairs and one bedroom upstairs. My question is what's the best way to run the wire down? Would it be to drill through the ceiling?? Or through the eaves of the house and in through the air vent? Can anyone tell me how people do this?? It's a three bedroom semi.

My parents have aerial in attic and they have the cables ran down inside the walls directly into the aerial socket on the wall. We'v sky at moment but this is something we need to do ourselves. All our cables come directly down inside the walls, gives a neat finish esp if tv on the wall.

If your house is an older type, then you won't have the facility to run cables in the walls from the attic. So, get your installer to run the cable down a corner and then box the corner off - I've done this and it works out fine.

Having the antenna inside the attic will severely attenuate the signal received.

The www.boards.ie digital/terrestrial TV forum(s?) is(are) worth checking out for info on stuff like this.