putting a door in where a window is

Sammie

hi,

in order for me to get to my balcony i have to climb out my window! sounds strange i know but i was told that was the duplex design, funny thing is i'm the ONLY one who has not got a door to their balcony even though my balcony is bigger than some!.

My question is does anyone know how much it would cost for me to put a door in place of the window? I have a 10 year home bond on the structure of the duplex but would putting in a door make this invalid??

thanks

hi,

in order for me to get to my balcony i have to climb out my window! sounds strange i know but i was told that was the duplex design, funny thing is i'm the ONLY one who has not got a door to their balcony even though my balcony is bigger than some!.

My question is does anyone know how much it would cost for me to put a door in place of the window? I have a 10 year home bond on the structure of the duplex but would putting in a door make this invalid??

thanks

Hi Sammie, you could be looking at 2k+ depending on which company you go for as prices vary from company to company.
Your Homebond warranty should not be affected by changing a window to a door as its a very straight forward knock out to accommodate patio doors/French doors.
Just be wary of who you get to do the work as cheapest is not always best.

Good Luck ;)

thanks for your reply. the builders are still working on site so i might see if they have any suggestions.

thanks

Back