Push Lawnmower: Best Value?

ajapale

Im considering buying a push lawnmower. Can anyone advise which are the best?

thanks,
aj

I have a small lawn and use a push lawnmower... there arent that many models to choose from.. mine's a qualcast panther and it works a treat for me. Got it for about 45 euros or so in homebase.

There should be at least one existing thread discussing push/rotary mowers. We bought a cheap and cheerful one from one of the hardware warehouse stores years ago and it's still going strong albeit for a fairly small patch. Helps to clean and oil it after every use.

Hi guys

I just moved here and have this big lawn. I am also intrested in Lawnmower, So hoping to get posts and recommendation here very soon ..

Thanks a lot

charlene

Hi guys

I just moved here and have this big lawn. I am also intrested in Lawnmower, So hoping to get posts and recommendation here very soon ..

Thanks a lot

charlene

Wouldn't recommend a push lawnmower if you have a big lawn.

I disagree - for a small garden they are grand and, as I said, it's good exercise.

Admitedly I've had bad experiences with them, It depends on the area involved and the amount of times the grass area is in use as I found after the smallest bit of rain it was difficult to get the grass cut and the wheels kept skidding on the surface

Looking for an update on push lawn mowers. Has anyone purchased one recently in South County Dublin. For some reason we appear to have some sort of alien mutant grass that is growing faster in patches of the garden.

I have a small lawn and use a push lawnmower... there arent that many models to choose from.. mine's a qualcast panther and it works a treat for me. Got it for about 45 euros or so in homebase.

Yeah, Qualcast are made by Bosch now and are excellent products.
The best blades at this end of the market apparently.
We have a Bosch rotary mower and it's very good.

There’s a lad off the Malahide road in the industrial estate behind the tayto factory, he actually buys any lawnmowers that have been returned from the likes of B&Q, Woodys and Atlantic within 28 days, he then gives them a full service and sells them on then for about half the price they were with a 12 month guarantee, he also does (expensive) lawnmower services (89 quid), I bought one recently which propelled itself and had a 51 inch blade for 200, the same one was for sale for 460 in woodys.

BOXtheFOX
We got one of these:
http://www.jonsered.ie/node246.aspx
from the Garden Shop in Cabinteely village a couple of years ago.
We're very happy with it. It's very easy to push and a pleasure to use.
There's something very peaceful about using a pushmower.
(I have no connection with the Garden Shop or with Jonsered!)
We haven't done any maintenance on it at all yet and it's still cutting just fine.