Push button toilet running in to Overflow

Ducky

Hi, I have double push button wc and when its flushed, it keeps going into the overflow in the cistern. The flush is not jammed in any way and can't seem to see anything obvious with the ball cock. I've also adjusted the lever on the ball cock to let less water in and its just rising above it all the time. Any ideas?

Thanks

Ducky.

Is it a newly fitted wc?? Remove the inlet water feed, there maybe a bit of grit blocking it's seal..........this could be your problem

I concur with Roundy, My water is from a well in the garden and more often than not we get the same problem, tiniest bit of grit disrupts the system. Strip it wash and then replace.

I think the floating part of the ballcock has flipped over, if you understand what I mean.
Flip it back the other way and try again.

I had a problem with mine a few weeks ago. Is it the push button on top of the toilet or the newer system where its appears to be floating on a wall unconnected?

If it's the latter then it uses a small plastic spring system, after hours of playing about with it I realised it had pushed the plastic to the side and had to refit it. It's fiddly but very easy to solve.

Back