Pure Energy Tecnology - PET

arasain

Hi,
Anyone have any dealings with this company based in Limerick.? They're in the running to install a geothermal HP system + underfloor heating in my new build. I've found the sales guy knowledgeable and professional but I'm curious if anyone else has dealt with them
Thanks

They are expensive - I was looking at solar panels from them.
I cant say how good they are - but I was put off by their price.

they used to have prices listed on their website a few months back.
Checked it recently and all prices were TBA.....

wasn't there a recent government grant announced for the renewable energy?

Thanks Wolverine,

Yes the Grant (€4600) was what made our mind up in the end to go with geothermal. I think we'll go with PET for the underfloor heating first to see how we get on, then we'll decide on a geo supplier.

When building my house last year I got prices from many different suppliers of geothermal / underfloor. Far and way the most expensive was PET. You also have to wonder about Wolverine's point above about a company that as soon as grants are announced for their product they take all their prices off the website and replace them with TBA. Do you think they are going to bring them down? Why use them for the underfloor? Are they cheaper than the multitude of equivalent products out there?

Lakeview,
€8500 for underfloor up and downstairs (2900sq ft) - to be honest i've got only 3 other prices; 1 cheaper and two dearer. I've also got a good reference from two installations that PET did

I paid € 6,863 for UFH materials and labour upstairs and downstairs in the same size house as yours. I bought Polytherm materials and my plumbers did the installation as part of the overall plumbing package. I ended up not going with a ground source heat pump but would have gone with Dunstar ([broken link removed]) in Cork if I was selecting a provider, well established for many years, organised a visit to an existing user for me and knowledgable people in general I thought anyway.

Back