Purchasing Prize Bonds - Funds are in limbo?

3CC

I am registered with state savings online and I tried to purchase some prize bonds a few days ago. So I logged on, entered my debit card details and the purchase did not seem to work for some reason. I tried a few times but then decided to leave it for another day in case their system was having a bad day.

The following day, the funds left my bank account and there is no indication on the state savings system that a transaction is in progress.

So I rang them but could not get through... so I sent them a message using their contact page on their website. From previous experience, it will take them a few days to get back to me so in the meantime, can anyone tell me how the process normally works when you purchase prize bonds online.

Thx...

I'm waiting considerably longer than normal to get funds back from selling prize bonds. And an elderly relation has been waiting for 1.5 months for a PIN in the post to let them access online account. They are a disaster.

@3CC u should have received an immediate email confirming purchase. Check your spam folder just in case.
Hi Dave. Yes, I have received that confirmation email any other time that I bought Prize Bonds in the past. The email was not in my Spam so I think the issue was that their end on this occasion. When I queried it, they called me back but they did not seem to be able to confirm the purchase there and then. They went off to check and confirmed the purchase over the phone with me a few days later.
It's all sorted now and the new Prize Bonds are showing when I log into the online portal.

Back