Purchasing Escallonia Hedging

roadrunner

Can anyone recommend a good place to buy Escallonia hedging plants around the New Ross area.
Also how much does each plant cost?

Try [broken link removed]. Ok they are in Cork but they send the plants by courier. I bought hedging from them last Spring ( 4' beech plants ) and it arrived in perfect nick and carrige was relatively inexpensive. You could also check out the gardening section of buy and sell.

Can anyone recommend a good place to buy Escallonia hedging plants around the New Ross area.
Also how much does each plant cost?
I'm not a gardening expert, but I beleive there are two types of this hedging - a small-leaf variety and a broad-leaf variety.

When our development was built 8 years ago, the developer put the broad-leaf type on one side of the road and (I think in error) the small-leaf type on our side of the road.

The hedges on the opposite side of the road have thrived and are all thick and beautiful. But the ones on our side of the road are thin, took a long time to establish themselves and sections of hedging in my garden and that of my neighbours had to be replaced as it just didn't grow.

So make sure you get the broad-leaf variety!

Go to this website and you can find an email address, or a cart button. I know for bulk orders they will do a deal so best email them. They are mail order garden centre / nursery in Wexford. Mail order only.

http://www.milliways.ie

They grow a huge amount of Hedging plants esp Escallonia, I got a bunch from them and it was very reasonable i got a good discount for buying 100. They are pot grown and good sizes. I did'nt loose any after I planted. I'm in Rosslare so I got the Broad leaved waxy one macronatha or something. Great for windy or coastal areas. They deliverd it very cheaply too.

Hope this helps.
Marvin.