Purchasing an I-Phone in the U.S.

mohainle

Hi all,

I am intending on travelling to New York at the end of October this year. I would love to purchase an I-Phone and then use it with my mobile service provider back home. I am on bill pay with Meteor. Is this possible? If so, are there any pitfalls or problems to be expected?

Thanks for the help,

Mohainle

I am also on bill pay with meteor and planned to do the same in June it isn't possible though. In the US there is no prepay option only bill pay so you will have to sign a contract. Also the way it works the phone may automatically lock itself once it comes back here. I have been told it does it depends if its a risk you want to take. There are probably ways around it but I never managed to find any and decided to stick with my current meteor contract and will move to o2 when it expires.

Simply buy one here and jailbreak it, or buy one in a country that doesn't allow phones to be sold with a SIM restriction - eg Italy, Belgium

Hi all,

I am intending on travelling to New York at the end of October this year. I would love to purchase an I-Phone and then use it with my mobile service provider back home. I am on bill pay with Meteor. Is this possible? If so, are there any pitfalls or problems to be expected?

Thanks for the help,

Mohainle

I was there last month and wanted to buy one but they only came on a contract which would mean you would have to live there.

Back