Purchase of Car Not Taxes for Last 18 Month

roker

I have almost purchased a 2005 Toyota from a small dealer. I have done a check via Cartell and I am concerned that it has not been taxed since (expired) Oct 2008. It had a NCT Nov 2008 after expiry of tax, NCT due May 2011. Where has it been for the last 18 months? Mileage looks genuine at 71,000 km. Is there any need to worry? I cannot see anything wrong with the car.

Where has it been for the last 18 months? Mileage looks genuine at 71,000 km. I cannot see anything wrong with the car.

Did you ask the seller where it has been? Is it private or trade? If trade if could've been sitting in the garage though again your best bet is to ask!

I cannot see anything wrong with the car.

Unless you are a mechanic this really means nothing - you should get an independent mechanical check up done, whether its trade or private. 71K Km seems ok for 2005

He said it has been with him and he could not sell it because it is a 1.8

I'd be very slow to buy a car that has sat idle for 18 months. It really doesn't do them any good.

He said it has been with him and he could not sell it because it is a 1.8

Why would it being a 1.8 make it hard to sell? So basically it hasn't been driven legally for 18 months. I would be wary but getting it independent checked is the only way to be sure

I checked out the dealer through a friend if he was genuine, he has a good name so I took the risk, had it 4 days now a brilliant car, small problems, pollin filter blocked, radio buttons stiff, fixed with WD40.

Back