Purchase Camera on-line - user guide is in French

emily_moss

Hi

I bought a Nikon Coolpix L3 Digital Camera on pixmania.com, however the user guide / manual is in French. I emailed their customer services dept and got the following reply:

"As you can read from the product information sheet and from our terms and conditions the NIKON manuals do not always come in English.

We apologise for this inconvenience but you can download the manual."

The download is a read only file so I cannot print it. Can anyone tell me where I can get a printable user guide for free?

And ridiculous is that........ "manuals do not always come in English" even though the camera is being posted to an English speaking country?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's odd that they should make it a 'no-print' .pdf file, all right.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
Maybe if you rang
[/FONT]Nikon U.K. Ltd.they could oblige?
380 Richmond Road, Kingston, Surrey KT2 5PR
[broken link removed]
Tel: +44-20-8541-4440

If that fails, the website also says:

You sure,
I was able to access the PDF
ftp://vaiunGYD:YonYdDto@ftp.nikon-euro.com/Manuals/NwR_Dok_yH/L2L3-En_01.pdf
and print off the first page.
I have Adobe Reader 7.0.8
KK

Ditto. Well spotted, kkontour — I shoulda Googled instead of just going to the Nikon website... there's no obvious link to that ftp site from http://www.europe-nikon.com/support/, which is where I started.

(What the heck is the point of making a non-printable .pdf document available for download, anyway...? )

DrMoriarty said:
(What the heck is the point of making a non-printable .pdf document available for download, anyway...? )
Is it not a moot point here and maybe in general? Or has somebody actually found a non-printable PDF?

If you follow the UK/Ireland section of Nikon's European support site and search for downloads for that particular model, it takes you to a page where you've to [broken link removed] and then gives you a link to a .pdf file with 'no_print' in the filename... (which I didn't bother downloading). More about non-printable .pdf files [broken link removed]...

Anyway, presumably the OP is sorted now!

emily_moss - I ordered the Coolpix P4 from Pixmania for my Dad and had a prob with the manual download from Pixmania, so I just had to register him on Nikon website and was able to download the full manual and quickstart guide for him. You should be able to do that at the very least