Pup / liability date /

deco87

I thought I read that the pup pandemic payments are only liable for tax from the point ( august 20?) that they were out on a “ statutory footing” ? Is that correct ? If so from what date is it?
I thought it came in initially as an “ emergency “ type payment with the immediate arrival / lockdown of covid?
Any one know ?

Afraid not, PUP, is fully subject to PAYE & USC, but not PRSI, some additional info on this thread:

Afraid not, PUP, is fully subject to PAYE & USC, but not PRSI, some additional info on this thread:
How does this work for maintaining ones PRSI contribution record if 2020 earned income is below the exemption threshold and the PUP is not subject to PRSI?

You get the stamp when you get the pup at the same type you were paying prior to the pup

Its a similar process, if if you were getting unemployment benefit or illness benefit,you get credited with a stamp/insurable week, for each week you were receiving the payment. The threshold, does not come into it.

Its a similar process, if if you were getting unemployment benefit or illness benefit,you get credited with a stamp/insurable week, for each week you were receiving the payment. The threshold, does not come into it.

The PUP weekly credits do not amount to a full year. How can the remaining weeks be topped up when the minimum payment is €500?

To be clear, where one is receiving s state payment, including PUP, you get PRSI “credits” which replicate, insurable weeks while being in employment.

To repeat, the €500 minimum annual PRSI payment, does not arise, in this specific situation. Contact DSP for additional information and confirmation of same.

For someone, in 2020, who was on 26 weeks PUP, and employed for 26weeks, they receive 52 insurable weeks in total, which are all counted for things like PRSI benefits, and including the state contributory pension.

For someone, in 2020, who was on 26 weeks PUP, and employed for 26weeks, they receive 52 insurable weeks in total, which are all counted for things like PRSI benefits, and including the state contributory pension.

To clarify, I’m referring to the self-employed who pay PRSI retrospectively for any given year when they submit a Form 11 tax return.

The minimum PRSI payment is €500, regardless of how low their income is, for an insured year.

Therefore my specific query is will the €500 minimum payment be required to make up a full contribution year (for the weeks PUP was not paid)

I see, i would recomend contacting the DSP directly, on this specific query, as i am not aware of the correct answer.

Back