Pumped electric shower: connecting to booster pump

fullerand

Hi, plenty of posts on similar topics here but I still wasn't able to find the answer to my possibly-dim question.

At present we have a bath and an over-bath pumped electric shower (Triton T90si), both of which suffer from poor pressure.

We are getting the bathroom refurbished soon and as part of the process we are having a 2-bar twin-feed booster pump installed (ST55), largely so that we get enough pressure to use the bath taps as a mixer shower.

We will keep the shower as is, but I am wondering if it will be possible to feed the electric shower with the pumped (2bar) supplies, and will it improve its performance?

I've looked for the specs of that shower on the Triton website but they don't mention a maximum input pressure - however they do mention that it should never be connected to the mains.

Any help?

Thanks

The reason it should'nt be connected to the mains is because of low pressure, not high, which will cause cavitation.

However, in reality you will want to remove the shower unit when the twin head shower pump is installed. Put a timer on the immersion to heat water at night. This will be 40% of the cost of heating with the power shower.

Back