Pump in bathroom

DeeDee100

Hey guys,
I've seen a couple of threads about pumps for showers but haven't seen the info I'm looking for. Wanted to put an electric shower in the main bathroom but it looks as though it's going to cost a fortune to buy and get installed. Also, the bathroom was just tiled so I don't fancy having to rip down some of the tiles.
So, I'm researching getting a pump installed. How does this work? Is it installed in the hot press/tank in the attic/bathroom? How much would an average one cost? What would a nixer plumber charge to do it? Would it involve ripping down tiles too?
Thanks

Our pump is in the Hotpress.The hotpress is right beside the main bathroom.

The pump is fantastic...It cost E 350 from Chadwicks

We had not gotten around to tiling the bathroom at that stage.
The fitting of the pump worked out well....

I cannot imagine a way to neatly fit a pump to a shower without taking tiles off the wall.

You could always just re-tile the shower area with a tile that blends nicely with the original bathroom tiles

Zegar, do you mean that because the hotpress is beside your bathroom you can just pipe the pump through the wall or do you mean that you have the pump piped in the hotpress so that the pressure in the hot water pipe is increased throughout the house.
Water pressure and electric showers is something that bugs the crap out of me as I'd like a nice powerful shower but the ordinary one in the bath in the bathroom isn't powerful enough due to crappy water pressure. The electric shower in the ensuite is seasonal in so far as in winter the temperature setting needs to be turned right up and the pressure is then very poor and in summer the pressure is fine but the temperature needs to be turned way down or else you'll get scalded.

If you are talking about a pump for an existing mixer shower i.e. hot water comes from the central heating, then the pump is typically installed in or around the hotpress. It is just pumping the hot/cold water to the shower so technically it can go anywhere along the line between the water source and the shower.

See [broken link removed] on models available and installation set ups. never bought anything from them and have no affiliation. I would recommend a 1.5 bar pump for a single shower, you should laso have it switched so you can turn it on and off at will as it will affect the water pressure all over the house.

Back