Pump in apartment hotpress wont turn off

Stronge

Two bedroomed apartment with water pump in hot press - pump on continually since tuesday so I turned if off except when I shower do I need a new pump or what could be the problem do I need an electrician or a plumber? Any advice would be appreciated.

How is it normally controlled - e.g. automatically, on a timer, when the water is on, etc.?

There might be dirt in the pressure switch built into the pump. .A plumber I'd say you are looking for

Usually, there are little lights on the pump itself. Did you check if the 'fault' light is on?

The same thing happened me.You might think I'm being silly but could not figure out what it was for 3 days until I looked in the (admittedly seldom used) ensuite and the tap was on ever so slightly. Not much more than a drip but still the pump was on as a result.

I have auto water pump - "flattea2" suggestion of tap slightly on has happened to me also.

this solution may also sound silly try it anyway - turn all taps on fully including the shower, wait a minute or two and turn them off tightly. This weird suggestion has worked for me.

McGann

I am going to try turning on all the taps and will let you know! Many thanks.