Pubs in central London that show Gaelic football

bltandclub

Hi,

I will be in London this weekend and I'm wondering if anybody knows of pubs that would be likely to be showing the Dublin v Derry game this Saturday? Seeing as Setanta Sports have the rights to show more Premiership soccer games this year, I'm fearing that it could be harder to find pubs showing the Gaelic football seeing as Setanta usually provide the feed abroad.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Do any of the GAA clubs in London have clubshouses where you could watch the game? Otherwise someone attached to these clubs may be able to help? Tir Chonaill Gaels is one London club that I know of, I'm sure there are others.

The 'Have Your Say' on www.hoganstand.com may be worth a look.

3pm this Satuday is defintely not a good time to be looking with the Premiership kick off taking place.

any irish club/centre should show it. Go into an irish bar and ask were the nearest club is located

Does it have to be central London? You'll probably find it easier to see the game in one of the Irish areas - Kilburn, Cricklewood etc - many are not that far from the centre. Archway in particular is less than half an hour by tube from Leicester Sq.

Hi,

Thanks for the various bits of advice. I ended up watching the match in the Crown and Cushion pub near Lambeth North tube station (Bakerloo line).They had the Gaelic football and the Ireland v Scotland game on....so it worked out grand!

Cheers again.