Public sector reaction to pensions in Sligo on RTE news

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry but your post looked like the typical private sector worker believeing that they ONLY pay taxes.

So anybody who points out the reality of our changed fiscal position and the need for public service reform is a basher?

The evidence is all over the newspapers. Public servants ability to ignore the new realities is remarkable. Well reality is coming their way.

When you start paying my wages, you can tell me what to do!!

You started posted here this morning at 9pm, stopped posting between 12 and 1pm, couldnt post on your own free lunch time i suppose and your still going stron ginto the afternoon.
The op and and the other public chuckle brothers who were gloating were up to more or less the same.

Then you have the gall to slag Public sector workers when you lot are spend a large part of your day posting in here? After tonight you wont see a post from the public sector worker until late friday night at the earliest. The reason, ill be in my "disneyland job" actually doing some work.

Well I work for myself mister. So I earn my money the hard way.

I suggest we should all treat ourselves to a national literacy and spelling campaign based on the general level of spelling and literacy on this site. eg. "waring", "poluting", "secter"

There shouldn't be a full stop between "site" and "eg.".

Is there a "campaign" to which you could "treat" yourself that would address this shortcoming?

There shouldn't be a full stop between "site" and "eg.".

Is there a "campaign" to which you could "treat" yourself that would address this shortcoming?

come on its 4pm, lets go to the pub ( Public Sector only )

Oh and i can't smell

Really ?? Perhaps you should try a business where you don't have to work as hard and are in a good mood sometimes

Yes, my friend in the PS tells me things are cushy there.

I would get increments, bonuses regardless of performance and holiday sick days off also even when I am not sick. Must be mad working for myself.

May I point out that 9pm is actually night time Slaphead? I'd also point out that posting one or two comments on this forum does not take up 'a large part' of the day for the typical private sector worker.... we are used to efficient and productive working practices!

Yes, my friend in the PS tells me things are cushy there.

I would get increments, bonuses regardless of performance and holiday sick days off also even when I am not sick. Must be mad working for myself.

I know what you mean running a business myself outside work.....i see both worlds.

So anybody who points out the reality of our changed fiscal position and the need for public service reform is a basher?

Of course not. People who do it in the manner you do it are bashers.

The evidence is all over the newspapers.

There is some evidence in the newspapers, and there is also some misinformation. And as for the commentators ....

Public servants ability to ignore the new realities is remarkable

It's quite unremarkable. Some in the public service do not comprehend the scale of the problems; some in the public service focus more on their own needs than on society's needs; some in the public service understand and accept what is happening. But you attack them as if they were all of one type and one mind.

It is also the case that there are those in the private sector who do not comprehend the scale of the problems; others who focus more on their own needs than on society's needs; and yet others who understand and accept what is happening.

Well reality is coming their way.

And that is the tone to which I take exception.

[broken link removed]

Public sector wu-urkers need to get a grip. The private sector is in meltdown. The means to keep the PS going is gone. Forget what the bearded brethren tell you.

It's over.

Seriously, I am not bashing. This is real.

There is some evidence in the newspapers, and there is also some misinformation. And as for the commentators ....

If you describe whats happening out there as 'some evidence' then I am afraid you are delusional my friend.

Go & talk to some people who work in the private sector.

If you describe whats happening out there as 'some evidence' then I am afraid you are delusional my friend.

Go & talk to some people who work in the private sector.

You're getting close to personal abuse.

You are also basing your response on a misinterpretation of what I said.

I wish now I didn't open this post. I was merely making an observation, which other people picked up on. I do feel sorry for people in the public sector who who hard and earn pittance. However, the buzz word at the moment is "job security" and in most cases in the public sector this applies. Anyway I think this levy is a sign of worse things to come. When the Irish Government go to the IMF looking for a bailout it will be a different story. The IMF will thn call the shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.