PTSB turned loan down

Kenlouth

I moved to Ireland from northern ireland a couple of years ago,and have had a Ptsb account for that time.I applied for small loan of 4000euro to purchase car.I was turned down because the guy stated(I was a non paying Irish tax resident)I work full time in northern Ireland where I pay full tax's etc.Ptsb had my payslips etc.Am I getting penalised for working in the north of Ireland.My wages are paid into a UK account,but most is then transfered to my Ptsb account each month.
Is there a way I can sort this or get a small loan?

Last edited:
Can you try a few banks, or apply for the loan in NI. Have you a credit union account, they might be willing to lend to you if you have some savings. Alternatively the garage where you purchase may be able to supply a loan/finance.

Unable to apply for loan in NI as I not longer live there,and don't have a NI address only a Bank account which has my Irish address.

kenlouth.

I suggest the reason given is not so. I can,t see you getting penalized for working in N Ire and living in Roi.
Much more likely ptsb don,t see profit in a k4 loan.Or it could be on looking at your account that each month you have nil spare funds.Loans arehard to get .
But if you were buying a car on HP you would probably succeed because they then hold the car as security.
The best place for smaller loans are Credit Unions but I presume you do not have a Cu account.

I guess the best way forward then is to open a CU account for a few months,then try for loan.
PS That was the reason given to me(I was a non paying Irish tax resident)
Many thanks

Did you try Ulster Bank - I'm just thinking of the UK Nat West connection??

Maybe if you did your banking with Ulster Bank as opposed to PTSB it might be easier?