PTSB to announce Rate cut of .25% imminently

Status
Not open for further replies.
hopefully we will have something in concrete, so far it is like trying to get blood from a stone with trying to get PTSB to try and lower their rate.

Angela59

The property vested interests have been predicting a ''recovery'' , ''stabilization'' , ''soft landing'' etc for years ever since the bubble market crashed and are still at it 5 years later. Any interest rate cut savings will be eaten up in stealth and direct charges now and in future because as far as I can see there is still a decade of austerity ahead of us which will mirror the last 5 years. Please prove me wrong about this.

http://www.independent.ie/business/...0000-families-540-per-year-boost-3093711.html

Its not enough,It should have been a 1 % rate cut immediately and then more reductions to bring to the same rate as AIB

Still more disgusting behaviour from PTSB.

The Government are absolutely clueless,It should have been a condition that the rate be dropped inline with AIB,or no deal should have been done to get rid of their trackers.

I don't welcome this .25% drop in any way shape or form,its simply not enough.

Hollow jesture at this stage. Still vast room to decrease the rates a lot more than a measily .25% and they will still make money.

Damage is done.
Even if they dropped the 2% immediately people won't forgive and won't forget. They have lost the trust of 80,000 customers.

I love how us Irish sit and rant about how god awful ptsb are, when are we going to actually do something about it?? I would love nothing more than to see ptsb go under, all it's existing business moved to AIB or BOI and the interest rate of these banks to be applicable to the loans moved. it's time people we did instead of said. The banks are not afraid of us but the politicians are so lets start something and make a racket. PLEASE 0.25% WHAT A SLAP IN THE FACE. Wake up you politicians employed by us and paid a nice sum of money to work for us, YOU WORK FOR US NOT THE BANK. make them immediately reduce to AIB rate before the central bank increase their rates and we are back to where we started, with nothing at the end of each month.

Last edited:
http://www.independent.ie/business/...0000-families-540-per-year-boost-3093711.html

Its not enough,It should have been a 1 % rate cut immediately and then more reductions to bring to the same rate as AIB

Still more disgusting behaviour from PTSB.

The Government are absolutely clueless,It should have been a condition that the rate be dropped inline with AIB,or no deal should have been done to get rid of their trackers.

I don't welcome this .25% drop in any way shape or form,its simply not enough.

I agree, it's a hollow gesture and stops much too short of what's needed.

However the EBS is still charging a lot above what the AIB is charging on similar mortgages. They all need to be brought into line with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back