ptsb giving new customers 0.5% discount for first year

Brendan Burgess

Founder
Permanent tsb bank launches discounts for new mortgage customers

Variable & Fixed rates for new business will start as low as 3.20% & 3.29% respectively

Thursday 16th July 2015. permanent tsb is making a number of changes to its mortgage pricing for new business to complement its move earlier this month to offer all existing customers the opportunity to move off their Standard Variable Rate mortgages.

The bank is launching a 0.50% discount for 12 months for new variable rate mortgage customers.. The move will mean new mortgage customers can secure variable rate mortgages from 3.2% (where their loan to value is less than or equal to 50%). In addition the bank is launching a series of new fixed rate pricing which includes a market leading 1 year fixed rate of 3.29% (where the loan to value is less than or equal to 80%)

As permanent tsb charges different variable rates depending on the loan to value of the property being mortgaged the following rates will apply for the first 12 months of the mortgage.
upload_2015-7-16_11-10-17.png

Fixed rates for new customers from ptsb. They will be introducing fixed rates for existing customers in the coming weeks.

upload_2015-7-16_18-32-56.png

Hi Brendan

I think the spread between PTSB's new 1 year and 2/3 year <80% LTV fixed rates (3.29% v 3.60%) is interesting. I wonder does it indicate that PTSB share my suspicion that the interest rate cycle may have finally turned or do you think it might indicate something else?

As regards the discounted variable rates for new business, do you know if the 12 month discount applies to switchers in conjunction with PTSB's €1,000 legal fees contribution promotion?

Back