PTSB change free banking T&C's

This is worth it's own thread.

PTSB have changed their conditions for free banking. You now must do the below to get free banking.

https://www.permanenttsb.ie/whatweoffer/currentaccounts/currentaccount/

I'm reading this in total disbelief and if people actually put up with this then God help us all.

Last edited:
I take it this is for new business only,existing customers who signed up to their "free banking for life" guarantee are exempt from charges?

Interesting - thanks Ciaran. Is this just for new accounts or existing? A little unfair on those of us without a regular income / salary at present (i.e. the €3,000 lodgement requirement)

This is for personal accounts.

I will try and find out if it is for both new and existing customers.

On the website instead of 1. they have 0. and alot of people still have Laser Card's not Visa Debit Card's.

Lodge at least €3,000 to your account every quarter like your salary
Thats not every month its every 3 months you must have lodged at least this amt.

Open to correction but this applies only to new accounts

We know that everyone wants value for money these days, that’s why we’ve introduced our new Everyday Bank Account to help you with your everyday banking..
There is no way they can over turn the free banking for life that 100s of 1000s signed up for...they would quite literally be run out of town on a rail,tarred & feathered to boot if they tried to pull a con like that,bankers are despicable but they have low cunning enough to realise that a sleeveen reversal like that would spell the end of their careers,regardless of how desperate to generate profits they are.