PST files into Outlook

D

dkav

Hi there - hoping someone out there can help.
I have some old archives *.pst files which I am trying to retrieve - they were from a previous job where I was using Outlook 2003. I was able to import these into Outlook Express and view them etc however some time later when updating to Office 2003 all my Express emails disapeared (as Outlook was installed also). As a result I uninstalled Outlook 2003 and thankfully was able to retrieve my Express emails and continue working in Express. I have tried unsuccessfully to find information on importing these pst archives back into Outlook Express and simply cannot remember how I did it before. There is an option in Express to import from another mail program but I get an error doing this.

Any help appreciated
DK

you may need to install outlook (any ver really ) and link an old .pst file to it , set it as default folders , in order for Express to notice it

Thanks Tonka

Much appreciated - I will try that and hope it works.

Dkav

Dkav,

I've been through the hoops with this a few times.

You can export to (or import from) Outlook from the File menu in Outlook Express. You need to have both applications installed on your computer as far as I know.

The only way that I know to back up the emails in Outlook Express is to find the dbx files (or folder where they are stored). There is one dbx file for each folder you have - e.g. Inbox.dbx etc. I'm not sure if you can use these with Outlook, but they are handy to back up your emails.

Bootdog

Back