PS3 Deal?

DubShelley

Hi All,

Thinking of buying my boyfriend a PS3 for his birthday as I think he has his PS2 played to death! Anyone aware of any good deals around at the mo? Would I be better off going up North? :confused:

Thanks,
Shelley

When is his birthday? There are strong rumours of a 100 dollar price cut from Sony in April.

You can get it for £299 (€335) in the north as opposed to €399 in the south.

Just checked Argos both north and south for the craic!

Playstation 3 with 80Gb Hard Disc

€399

£293 which equates to €327 at todays rate

When is his birthday?

It's the beginning of April so I'll have to get it before that...Oh I'll be gutted if I buy it and it comes down that much... Oh well, chance I gotta take I guess!

I think I'll be taking a trip up North so! I presume Argos is as cheap as anywhere?

Hi All,

Thinking of buying my boyfriend a PS3 for his birthday as I think he has his PS2 played to death! Anyone aware of any good deals around at the mo? Would I be better off going up North? :confused:

Thanks,
Shelley

In case you're not aware of this and in case it'll be relevant, only the 60GB PS3s play PS2 games. All the other ones don't (40, 80 or 160). The 60GBs are only available on the second-hand market.

Thanks for your responses everyone!!

Novaflare - I didn't realise this! However, once he's finished a game or has tired of it, he generally trades it in so I don't think this will be an issue. And I guess he can keep the PS2 in a drawer somewhere in case he's feeling nostalgic someday :eek:)

Smashbox / Cayne - Thanks for the prices! I think I'll head up the North in a few weeks and pick it up there.

Thanks again!

Shelley, I would recommend it. If you can deal with the travel, you will save money.

Back