PS2 issues

hansov

Having discovered that my three year old's fascination for using his older brothers PS2 discs as frisbees and having averted a major family feud over the weekend when one disc was badly scratched, I decided to try to copy the disc for a backup. Used Nero, copied it onto a DVDR+, everything went as they say swimmingly until I had the older lad try the game this morning. The PS2-console didn't recognize the disc. So tonight I will try a DVDR-. Anybody know if the PS2 console is + or - tolerant? Thanks h

Thanks. No way am I even thinking about going down that road!. So it'll have to be "chipped" discs or even worse "chopped" younger brothers!

If you don't want to have the PS2 chipped, you could always get a slide card from http://www.ModChipStore.com.

We got one for the same reason - damaged discs etc. This way you can make a back-up and let the kids use it and if it gets damaged, make another one!

The slide card is a bit tricky to use, but we think it's worth it.

I thought that the new PS2's that came out maybe 18 months ago could read any disc. I know my son had an older model which couldn't pick up on the copied disks he bought in Kuala Lumpar 3 years ago but they work on the newer model. Maybe the original game is too scratched to be copied. You could always rent it out for a night from X-tra vision and try copying that one instead. Maybe chopping the younger brother sounds like your best option!!!