PS2 issues

hansov

Having discovered that my three year old's fascination for using his older brothers PS2 discs as frisbees and having averted a major family feud over the weekend when one disc was badly scratched, I decided to try to copy the disc for a backup. Used Nero, copied it onto a DVDR+, everything went as they say swimmingly until I had the older lad try the game this morning. The PS2-console didn't recognize the disc. So tonight I will try a DVDR-. Anybody know if the PS2 console is + or - tolerant? Thanks h

Thanks. No way am I even thinking about going down that road!. So it'll have to be "chipped" discs :D or even worse "chopped" younger brothers! :eek:

If you don't want to have the PS2 chipped, you could always get a slide card from http://www.ModChipStore.com.

We got one for the same reason - damaged discs etc. This way you can make a back-up and let the kids use it and if it gets damaged, make another one!

The slide card is a bit tricky to use, but we think it's worth it.

I thought that the new PS2's that came out maybe 18 months ago could read any disc. I know my son had an older model which couldn't pick up on the copied disks he bought in Kuala Lumpar 3 years ago but they work on the newer model. Maybe the original game is too scratched to be copied. You could always rent it out for a night from X-tra vision and try copying that one instead. Maybe chopping the younger brother sounds like your best option!!!:p

Back