PRSI/Levies refund for AVCs

davidrouse

If you are claiming a refund of PRSI and Levies (total 5%) for pension contributions made outside the net pay arrangement you need to submit a Form CGPRSI1 which is available for download-

[broken link removed]

Correctly pointed out, 6% for Class A employees.

Class S (self-employed) are 5%.

Also worth pointing out you won't get PRSI/Levy refund until after you receive an Income Tax refund in respect of the pension contributions for which the claim is made.

Also worth pointing out you won't get PRSI/Levy refund until after you receive an Income Tax refund in respect of the pension contributions for which the claim is made.
Yes - that is pointed out in the thread to which I linked above.

Correctly pointed out, 6% for Class A employees.

Class S (self-employed) are 5%.

Can self-employed people claim back their PRSI and Levies in respect of RAC contributions using the form you link to above?

Up to what stage can I claim the PRSI refund on AVC contribution? I haven't yet filed my 2007 tax return.

You must claim tax relief first. Then you can claim PRSI relief. You can backdate such claims by 4 years as with tax claims as far as I know. But I think the PRSI refund scheme only came into force in 2006 or something like that anyway?

Up to what stage can I claim the PRSI refund on AVC contribution? I haven't yet filed my 2007 tax return.

AVCs are claimable up to filing date for 2007 return i.e. 31 October 2008 or approx. 2 weeks later if filing on ROS. If it is not paid and claimed by filing date you will only receive credit in your 2008 return

From Revenue leaflet IT14

If a contribution is paid after the end of the year, but before the following 31 October, relief may be allowed in the earlier year provided an election to do so is made by the individual on or before the 31 October. Taxpayers filing returns under ROS may avail of the extended filing date to make an election and pay a contribution

Last edited:
The extended deadline for ROS filers is Monday 17 November 2008.

Therefore you have until 17/11/08 to make a pension contribution in respect of tax year 31/12/07 provided you are filing your 2007 return via ROS.

[broken link removed] confirms filing date.

Last edited:
Back