PRSA vs. RBS in Payslip reporting

luckycat007

I am now contributing to a personal PRSA, established when I began working for a company that doesn't offer it's own pension scheme.

I recently logged into revenue.ie to look at payslips and noticed that my contributions are being shown as "RBS" contributions, and the PRSA line items are €0. From a payslip / taxes perspective, everything seems to be working in the same way (tax benefit for contributions), and contributions are going to my personal PRSA account. I don't know if there are long-term ramifications, however.

I'm assuming the person that handles payroll should make a correction with revenue to move contributions classified as "RBS" to "PRSA" bucket. Do you agree?

I'm assuming the person that handles payroll should make a correction with revenue to move contributions classified as "RBS" to "PRSA" bucket. Do you agree?
I think that's your responsibility.

The payroll operator should correct the matter going forward.

Thank you.. But to confirm this is incorrectly classified, and I should work with revenue and payroll operator to correct (so PRSA contributions are reported as PRSA, and not TBS). I asked revenue this question, and all they Said was that RBS is another type of pension scheme.

Back