PRSA AVC 2019 and Tax Relief Deadlines on ROS

SeaSwimmer

Hello all,

Is the deadline for setting up and paying into a new PRSA AVC for 2019, now pushed back to 10 December ( as this seems to be the new tax return deadline for 2019?)

The PRSA AVC tax relief section on ROS only asks about 2020 earnings etc.... how do we submit our tax return for 2019 only?

( My 2020 is a mix of public sector, private sector, and unemployment, and is a bit more messy, I would rather just get my 2019 year sorted now as it was just public sector, and then deal with 2020 when I have more time next year.)

Thank you so much!

@SeaSwimmer when you log into myAccount you need to select “review your tax 2016-2019”. For the 2019 you then need to request the 2019 statement of liability. You will then see your 2019 preliminary statement, scroll to the bottom of that page to “complete your income tax return”

Input your personal details, under additional tax credits & reliefs you will have an option for AVCs under the “your job” menu.

However as I mentioned in the earlier thread I would be concerned that you won’t be granted relief for an AVC made in respect 2019 income after you have left that employment.

Back