Provence: best airport Nice or Marseille, any travel co's that specifically deal with

CMK

My sister is hoping to go to Provence in June this year. Two questions - which airport is best to fly to - is it Nice or Marseille - they want to be more inland Provence than coast. Also are there any travel companies that specifically deal in Provence or the general area??

Many thanks

How far inland does she want to go? We flew into Lyon with Aer Lingus last Sept/Oct, heading for Orange and Avignon. Orange is an hour & half down the autoroute, if you're hiring a car. I don't know about buses or trains though.

I'd highly recommend Orange, Arles and Avignon, as well as the vineyards of the Northern Provence (Gigondas, Vacqueras, Lirac, Tavel, etc). There are lots of wonderful rural hotels, guesthouses and B&Bs where the food & wine are amazing for a fraction of what you'd be charged for here in Ire.

Marseille is definitely the best Airport for Provence. We flew in there last summer and stayed in Aix-en-Provence rather than Marseille. Aix is only about 20 minutes from the Airport. Lovely town - highly recommended. We also loved Avignon. Enjoy.

Marseille is definitely the best Airport for Provence. We flew in there last summer and stayed in Aix-en-Provence rather than Marseille. Aix is only about 20 minutes from the Airport. Lovely town - highly recommended. We also loved Avignon. Enjoy.

Agree with Friday, Marseille Airport (MP2) is the best Airport for Provence. Aix is only 20 mins away and Marseille is just 30 mins away. Also you can get there on the cheap with Ryanair!!

Re: Provence: best airport Nice or Marseille, any travel co's that specifically deal