protective covering for new windows???

*rose

hey everyone

we have just ordered our windows ... we were given a price of €400 on top of the price to pay for proctecting the glass from plaster etc ... apparently it works out at €8 a window (it doesn't but anyway ...)

is it worth paying out for this??? is there any other way of protecting the glass at a slighted cheaper price??? the covering on the frames is free ...

thanks!!

The covering on the frames is not free, and not its likely you will beat the cost of the window protection that the manufacture offers, as any other option is time consumming.

Joejoe

Our windows were delivered with no protective coating on the glass which apparently is unusual. I brought this up with the sales guy who sold us the window and he said it should have provided. He got us a roll of the sticky blue plastic and I put in on myself. Not so hard on the inside but very tricky on the outside because of wind. Took me a full weekend. Saved myself several hundred euro but then again manufacturer should have done the job.
If you can get the supplier to provide you with the plastic you could have a go yourself to save money but it's time consuming.