Proposed Newlands Cross flyover PPP, what's in it for the private investors?

michaelm

RTE news covered the proposed Newlands Cross flyover & N11 upgrade which apparently is a public private partnership. The private funding is some €160m (over 50%), if I recall correctly . .what's in it for the private investors, in what way will they profit from it?

you can be sure there will be tolls, which we will all be ripped off paying for the rest of our lives, just like the M50

no tolls according to the piece I heard on the radio the other day.

Is it not a good interest rate over a long period of time that's enticing investors in?

no tolls according to the piece I heard on the radio the other day.

Is it not a good interest rate over a long period of time that's enticing investors in?
That's what I thought. So if we are simply borrowing half the money what's PPP about that? Perhaps it's just an accountancy trick so as we can borrow without that adding to our national debt figures.

Interesting question. They must be getting some sort of concession fee but there is no mention of it.

That's what I thought. So if we are simply borrowing half the money what's PPP about that? Perhaps it's just an accountancy trick so as we can borrow without that adding to our national debt figures.

thats it I think....it does'nt appear as Govt debt.