Property tax rate question

Pinoy adventure

Evening all.
I was over with an elderly relative today and they were telling me they got there local property tax renewal in.they don't use internet.

I was quite surprised too see the cost of it vrs what I'm paying for mine.

How do revenue calculate local property tax ?
Does revenue calculate it on the property tax from the 1st may 2013 ???
Or am I reading it wrong ?

Any advise would be great.
Thanks

People self assessed the value of their property back then and the same valuation has continued to apply, albeit some local authorities have tinkered with the rates.

What is the value of your property and theirs. What were their values in 2013. Revenue don’t calculate, you do, it was you and your relative decided the value in 2013.

Bronte,the price now is between 250-300 ish but back then 2013 it was about 100ish going by house sales in the area.
I though they may have under valued the property too pay less tax but looking at sales prices it's pretty close (I think)

Dun Laoghaire Rathdown who probably collects the most property tax in Ireland were offering a 15% discount over the past few years. For next year this has been withdrawn meaning that my Property Tax will go from circa €1500 to €1750.

I am also in DLRCC, they are the only one of the 4 Dublin Councils not to give a LPT reduction for 2021. The other 3 are giving 10% - 15% reductions.

Outside of Dublin a few Local Authorities are giving Nil, the rest are all up by 7.5% - 15%.

Revenue have a list of all Local Authority LPT increases and reductions for 2021 here;

https://www.revenue.ie/en/property/...ty/has-your-local-authority-rate-changed.aspx

Back