Property damage

Mers1

Hi there, I'm a landlord and my property is currently under RAS. My current tenant is having marital problems, her husband appears to have left. However, she has been making claims that someone has been breaking into the property, no sign of forced entry but contents within are being wrecked, fridge has a fist imprint, laptop smashed to mention but a few. Her son also lives there and has been annoying neighbours by throwing things out of windows.. Glasses, rubbish etc. I suspect it's one of them doing the damage, either husband coming in to annoy her. The guards are aware.
My question is, if I can't prove its them who is liable for the damage? Also bearing in mind that this woman is very aggressive!
Thanks in advance.

Was there a complaint made to the Gardaí By the tenant? I don’t know what you can do only recommend that she does so. Check with insurance to see what cover you have.

About the son, if he is annoying the neighbours, then that would count as Anti social behaviour. Look up RTB website and there is a template there for a warning letter. If that continued and you needed to evict them you would Need to have followed correct procedures. I’m assuming the son is an adult there but maybe he is a child - in that case the parent could be responsible. Very annoying for the neighbours.

Back