Proof that I returned to Ireland

FiveFingers

Hi,

Back in January 2001, my employer sent me on a three month contract to Montreal, Canada. In February 2001, I visited (on a day trip) the US by land border from Canada. I failed to return the I-94 when I left the US and returned to Canada. Several weeks later I finished the contract in Canada and returned to Ireland.

Needless to say, I no longer have the I-94 form. I rang US Immigration in Shannon and the lady suggested that because it was 5 years ago I might not have a problem. In case there is a problem, she suggested that the next time I wish to visit the US I should bring proof that I returned to Ireland within the 90 days of my visit to the US. I no longer have my boarding pass and didn't receive a stamp on my passport when I returned to Ireland.

So, how do I prove that I came back? Is a letter from my employer enough? The lady in Shannon Immigration suggested credit card statements. Can I get these from 5 years ago? Would something from Revenue be sufficient?

Also, my passport is now out of date. If I get a new passport, will it contain the history of the old one?

Thanks
FiveFingers

[broken link removed]

This gives details of some of the items that can be used as proof that you were in Ireland 5 years ago. Something like paying car insurance and car tax would indicate that you were in the country.