Projection Television

Aidan 2232

Has anyone bought a projection television? They've one at Pixmania for example Seems to be very good value for the screen size, I'm wondering if there are any disadvantages? I know it takes up more space than a flat screen but what about picture quality?

Thanks

They were selling a Sony model in both Power City and the Sony Centres a few months ago-if they still have them you could go along and have a look?

They are massive-one disadvantge is that they will never be wall mountable.

I was very close to buying a 50" rear projection set recently but ended up shying away and buying a 40" LCD. I think a lot depends on the set up of your room. They suffer if there's external light shining on the screen. They are also weak from acute angles. That said, there are positives, great value for money and a tried and tested form of engineering.

Thanks for the links.

Leo, i saw some of your posts on other threads. If I bought a 50 inch projector tv should i expect a good picture watching on sky (non hd)?

Yep, Sky feed is good quality. Use a good scart lead between the Sky box and the set to get the best results, you really do notice the difference with the larger screens.
Leo