Projection advertising

Jimbobp

I'm looking to advertise on the side of our building and have seen very effective projection advertising elsewhere but can't find a provider that can provide this. Anyone any ideas on how we could go about doing this? We would need to project an image from inside a window out on to a wall. The image would need to be 15 * 10 foot. Any ideas welcome.

www.powerinsurances.ie

Hi Jimbobp,

Do you wish to do this during the day? if so, you will need an extremely strong projector for it to be visable.

I've done similar work for Nightclubs, but all promotion was done at night, but was very effective. If you can give me more details I'll try help you out with somthing...

If you google 'Gobo' you will find more details. I don't know anyone who does them in Ireland. You could contact Optikinetics in the UK. If you just want a static display (not moveing/rotating) most standard (proper) stage lights will take a gobo, you could just get the gobo made your self. Just make sure you get the correct size, 'B' is the most common.

Last edited:
Hi Jim,

First of all, I just want to state I'm by no means professional in this, but have ran niteclubs / events and have used similar tactics which worked extremely well.

It can be quite expensive to rent these projectors but over the course of the last 2 years I've bought 5 as I used multiple projectors on some sites / events.

All of these have been moving images, with the brand of the club/event and flashing lights / changing images, static images dont really attract peoples attention.

The wall which you need to project on should be ideally white, but cream / yellow will also work.

What is the distance between the window and the wall?

I live in Meath, if you're close I'd have no problem showing you the setup and software that I used.

Hi,

I run an outdoor advertising company and we do some projection advertising on buildings along with many other products. I'd be delighted to help you in any way we can. Do you have a location and dates when you want to run this?

Thanks

Guys, someone should check the planning regulations on this to make sure there's no comeback, as well as getting permission from the owners of both the window and the wall and any tenants that might be affected - people are working late these days.

Also you might want to check with the Gardaí - they and the LA used to object to advertising hoardings near roads on the grounds of increasing traffic hazard through distraction.

FWIW

ONQ.