Project manager role

mickeyg

I am confused on the role of a Project Manager in a self build. Some questions I have:
1) Normally the PM would be used where the build is by Direct Labour. Is it the role of the PM to organise the various trades or is it up to me to identify/engage the various trades and the PM to then organise the times for the various trades to come on site etc.
2) What typically is the cost of a PM.

Has anybody had experience of engaging a PM and was it good value for money.

On a somehwat separate note - I am hoping to build a Timber Frame house. Is it feasble to engage someone to erect the timber frame and then separately engage the other trades thereafter - maybe with the help of a Project Manager?

Depending on who is supplying your kit they may erect the kit for you. You pay the timber frame company They supply kit and if necessary the following stairs internal doors 2nd fix materials insulation etc They have sub contractors lined up who ll erect.

is there not a saving on vat by getting them to supply and erect than suppling alone, i think if they supply and erect you are charged approx 13%, where if supply only its 21%

Back