Professional Food Processor...

Plek Trum

Hi, I'm looking to purchase a high quality food processor system for the aspiring chef in our house. We have had previous ones (Kenwood) but the motor wore in one, pastic attachments cracked with another.

Can anyone receommend a professional standard one with all the necessary extras (blender, chopper, slicer etc etc). Anyone with a food processor they would happily recommend?

I have an ancient Magimix processer. It must be about 30 years old, and it still works great.

Just had a look at their website and mine is 25 - 32 years old. Thats value for money! (And I got it as a hand-me-down from an Aunt!)

Link to site:

http://www.magimix-spares.co.uk/catalogue.asp?prgrp=1000

Also the parts are really strong, mine are chucked in a drawer with a hundred other utensils and they've never cracked or broken.

Thanks amillion - certainly havn't seen those in too many shops so will check them out. In my experience, the more 'familiar' brands just dont seem to last the distance.. ta.

Mother in ALw has a magimix - got it as a wedding present (I won't give away her age, but man had just landed on the moon when she got married!)

Yep, I'd vote for Magimix also - mine must be coming up to 20 years of age now and still going strong - makes great pastry. Mind you I find I use the hand-held blender almost as much these days.

Don't get too hung up on the 'extras', you'll use 2/3 types at the very most.

Back