Process of hetting phone connected

albob

Hi,
I have bought a newly built house which is wired for phones (phone sockets have Eircom logo etc). I now what to get connected to Esat BT. Do I have to contact Eircom first to get up and running and then transferto Esat, or can Esat do everything for me? I know I could ring one of their help lines but I dont want to be hold all day, and if Eircom realise that they will not have my business, they might be extremely slow in connecting me!
Thanks

You will have to contact Eircom to get the line activated - you don't have to tell them that you will be changing to ESAT. Once you get connected you will then be given a landline number by Eircom - contact ESAT and give them this number and they will do the rest (or at least they did for me a couple of years ago). You will get a bill from Eircom, which you have to pay, but once you transfer to ESAT you will get a cheque from Eircom to reimburse the cost of the bill and then you will just get one bill every 2 months from ESAT. At the moment you can get Eircom to connect you [broken link removed] (there may be some conditions).

Just to follow up - I rang eircom and will be connected in next 24 hours. All very straight forward. Thanks for your advice.