Problems with WC design - Imperial Bathrooms

ljsd

We recently had 2 new bathrooms fitted with Imperial bathrooms sanitary ware, in the main they are fine but the toilet flush is a bit weak for my liking. The handle which is at the side stays down when you flush and seems a bit stiff. There are both the same so I dont think we got a faulty one, unless both are faulty. The plumber has been back and says he can't do a whole load with them as its the design of them and that the handle at the side isn't a good idea. however I am not convinced since this seems to be his answer for everything. Has any one any experience of this, its a fairly well known brand made in the UK so if its the design of them then I think the problem would have been spotted before?

We have a similar cistern from Imperial in our cloakroom.

Why dont you try lifting the cistern lid to gain access to the handle fitting. Then check to see if the handle is too tightly fitted and that there is a plastic washer between the handle and the cistern. Slack off the plastic "nut" very slightly and try the flush. If it works, then great; if not then you are no worse off.

Good Luck

BillK

Thanks will try that, just wondering if you had any problems with the WC in general or was yours fine.

Only problem was that the handle periodically came loose so that I was tightening rather than loosening!

Just had another thought (at my age you are limited to one per day).

You mentioned in your original post that the flush seemed a bit weak; it may be that the syphon is a dual flush i.e. one setting is 6 litres and the other is 9 litres.

You need to lift the cistern lid again and have a look at the (in my case) blue apparatus in the cistern. On mine there is a setting for 1/2 or full flush - don't ask me how to make the adjustment - Your plumber who fitted the two toilets should be aware if this is the case and should be able to make the adjustment in minutes.