problems with floors in newish house

warnerbottom

hi

We are in our house three years andare having problems with upper floors creaking and deflecting. When we walk around our bedroom the furniture rattles.

We reported this to the builder and he has told me to get lost. I called homebond and reported it but they just told me to deal with the builder.

Legally is there any not too expensive way to make them fix this?

Thanks in advance!

hi

We are in our house three years andare having problems with upper floors creaking and deflecting. When we walk around our bedroom the furniture rattles.

We reported this to the builder and he has told me to get lost. I called homebond and reported it but they just told me to deal with the builder.

Legally is there any not too expensive way to make them fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Your floor must be touching something, remove all skirting and make sure that no part of the wooden floor is touching the walls.

I'm fairly sure the floor beams are undersized. I had a carpenter look at it and he said that the timber joises are smaller than he would put in.

In addition to the creaking and bouncing, a couple of lines/cracks have appeared in the ceiling below, directly under the worst areas. Also there is a partition wall sitting on the floor. The partition wall has a number of hairline cracks in it and the door no longer closes.

Homebond have said this is not an issue that is covered ny their guarantee because its not structural enough! Does anyone know anything about how their guarantee works?

We really want to get this sorted but seem to be stonewalled at every avenue. Has anyone else had this problem? Can the builder just walk away from it?

I'm fairly sure the floor beams are undersized. I had a carpenter look at it and he said that the timber joises are smaller than he would put in.

In addition to the creaking and bouncing, a couple of lines/cracks have appeared in the ceiling below, directly under the worst areas. Also there is a partition wall sitting on the floor. The partition wall has a number of hairline cracks in it and the door no longer closes.

Homebond have said this is not an issue that is covered ny their guarantee because its not structural enough! Does anyone know anything about how their guarantee works?

We really want to get this sorted but seem to be stonewalled at every avenue. Has anyone else had this problem? Can the builder just walk away from it?

Its sounds like your house it not structurely sound if you have cracks in the partition wall and ceiling. You need to take photographs of the cracks and write a letter to homeband with the photos and demand it to be fixed or you will persue legal action against them.

Back