problems with email

gailey

What is the easiest way of emailing a page off the internet, I am still having problems and am unable to do it.

Sorry for being so blond but when I try to copy and paste, nothing happens, how do I copy and paste?

Highlight the URL with your mouse, right click, copy, go to your mail, right click again, paste. If youre doing anything different, let us know.

You can also use Ctrl+C (hold the Ctrl button and press C) to copy the text (once it has been highlighted) and Ctrl+V to paste it into the e-mail as text. The exact same technique as above, just a slightly faster way to copy and paste and works sometimes where right clicking won't.

Is the page your trying to send protected? Do you need a password/account to view it?
Some pages, even when the correct URL is given, will bring the viewer to the login page so giving the URL may not work perfectly (though, if it is something with a password etc you probably wouldn't want others having access).

You can save the page (File>Save As) and attach the files (a html file and a folder with the relevant information it needs to open) to an e-mail but this gets messy so I wouldn't say a good solution.

If it's just a few bits of information which are relevant, you could possibly take a screen dump (hit the "Print Screen" button, upper right of most keyboards. This will save a picture image of your current screen. Then paste this image into Paint (Start>All Programs>Accessories>Paint) and save it as a jpg image on your desktop (once the picture is pasted into paint go to File>Save As and convert it to a jpg file in file type [will be an option in the drop down menu] if this isn't the default, give it a name and click save). This can then be attached to an e-mail as a picture, possibly giving all the information you need).

Back