Problems with Danske Bank Current Account

DingDing

My Danske Current Account had a bit of a melt down today. 4 transactions were applied to the account with effectively debited the account with the last two payments from my employer and my wifes employer, they basically refunded two payments from both our employers back to them. they then reversed the transactions.

This had the impact of causing an unauthorised overdraft and the accounts which were always maintained in credit to go substantially into the red.

I asked them to explain what happned and to confirm I wont be charged or the Irish Credit Bureau notified.

Did this happen to anyone else.

Yep, lots of green and red transactions..just checking now they are mainly repeat trasactions from January 31st.

C

Mailed them and the issue appears to be the effective date of transactions with SEPA they had to reverse the transactions and put them through with the original date to calculate the interest correctly.

Moved from danske to ulster, but turned down for a credit card, I have requested my credit report to see what happened. I wonder if this caused a poor result for my credit score.

Anyone else having a problem with their credit score.

Back